One of the blogs I read called Closet Cooking - always has delicious dishes featured... here is another one I saw and thought I could try at home. It was really easy and super delicious. I love capers so it was perfect for me.
From: Closet Cooking
2 Chicken Breasts (butterflied)
1 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Butter
Splash of white wine (can be omitted)
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/2 lemon (juice)
1/2 lemon (sliced)
2 Tbsp Capers
Salt and Pepper
Parsley (as Garnish)
1. Place the chicken between plastic and roll/pound the chicken to 1/4 inch thin
2. Season the Chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge the Chicken in the flour
3. Heat the oil and 1 Tbsp butter in a pan.
4. Add the chicken and fry until golden brown on both sides (about 3 min per side). Set aside.
5. Place the wine, stock, lemon juice, lemon slices and capers in the pan and deglaze it.
6. Simmer until the liquids reduce by half.
7. Stir in 1 Tbsp butter and pour over the chicen and garnish with parsley (serve over rice or orzo pasta) ***I served over orzo, but I may try serving it over brown rice next time***
Thursday, April 16, 2009
I love pasta, especially Angel Hair, so this one jumped out at me and I had to try it. I found this recipe here, and it turned out so delicious and very fresh and light tasting. It was also very easy (especially if you cook the chicken the night before), so this made it a keeper!
Basil Chicken Pasta
From: Good Eats
1 (8oz) pkg Angel Hair Pasta
1/2 finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic chopped
1 28oz can of diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
4 tsp dried basil (or 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil if you are fortunate enough to have fresh)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup heavy cream (you could probably use 1/2 & 1/2 or maybe even milk)
Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Cook angel hair pasta according to directions until al dente
2. In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
3. Saute onions and garlic.
4. Stir in tomatoes, chicken, basil, salt, cream, and red pepper flakes
5. Reduce heat to medium and cover skillet. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until mixture is hot and tomatoes are soft.
6. Serve over angel hair pasta and top with Parmesan cheese