Monday, February 24, 2014
This is a good quick stir fry meal that is lighter than a lot of stir frys. I made a little more of the marinade than it called for (my changes are below) because I felt like it didn't have that much, plus I didn't want to add anything that had chicken juices after the chicken was cooked. I liked that it used asparagus, but I think some mushrooms mixed in with the asparagus could also be good.
* Can be made Gluten Free *
Easy Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry
From: Gimme Some Oven
Prep Time: 5-10 min
Cook Time: 12-15 min
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce *if making gluten free use gluten free soy sauce*
2 Tbsp honey
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch bite sized pieces
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 bunch of asparagus, cut into bite sized pieces
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 scallions, sliced
1 tsp sesame oil
1. In a ziplock bag, combine 1 Tbsp soy sauce and 1 Tbsp honey. Add in chicken pieces and toss. set in refrigerator while preparing everything else.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add in asparagus pieces. Saute until cooked, but not soft, about 5 minutes. Remove asparagus with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. In the same pan, add chicken and cook over medium heat until cooked through but still slightly pink inside, turning occasionally (about 5 min). While chicken is cooking, whisk together 1 Tbsp soy sauce and 1 Tbsp honey in a small bow.
4. When chicken is cooked, add in garlic, scallions and the soy sauce/honey mixture and cook until chicken is cooked through and the garlic is fragrant. Remove from heat and stir in sesame oil and add in asparagus. Serve over rice (we used brown rice) and garnish with sesame seeds.