Thursday, December 23, 2010

Peanut Butter Bars


 One of my favorite Christmas treats my mom used to make was Peanut Butter Bars.  I love peanut butter and chocolate and this is like an entire pan of Reese's Peanut Butter cups, so of course I would love these. This was one of the recipes I included in my 5th grade recipe book that I mentioned in the last post

 The picture I drew to go with the recipe was very high quality (I also love the greasy PB finger smudges - you can tell this recipe is well loved even if the picture stinks!).

 I think it is supposed to be me with an apron on and 2 people grabbing for the last peanut butter bar.  Although it looks a lot like they are reaching for the knife and what looks like a scissors (I think it is supposed to be a spatula).  I guess we can all see why I didn't become a world famous artist!



Peanut Butter Bars
Ingredients:
1/2 cup melted butter
2 cups peanut butter
1 lb powdered sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp butter

Directions:
1.  Spray a cookie sheet with PAM. Mix together 1/2 cup melted butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and brown sugar together and spread on cookie sheet.

2. Refrigerate 15 - 30 min.  

3.  Melt chocolate chips and 2 Tbsp butter together and spread on top. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Ashley's Cooking Adventures said...

These look amazing! Love that you shared your illustration too!

Evan Thomas said...

These sound delicious! I love peanut butter cups and always want to make them but I get lazy and just dip chocolate in a jar of peanut butter instead. These sound simple.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails