Thursday, January 24, 2013

Mini Nutella Cookie Cups



Bill loves Nutella, I'm not a big fan.  It is too rich or something for me.  But since it isn't always about what I like to eat (shocking I know), I decided to find a couple of Nutella recipes on Pinterest to try sometime.  I had to bring dessert to our small group, so I thought these would be perfect, plus I hoped I wouldn't be left with a bunch.  Since I'm not a fan of Nutella, I'll have to go with what Bill and the group thought... they said they were very good!  We only had 3 leftover.  So if you like Nutella, you will like these!

Mini Nutella Cookie Cups
From: Daisy Chubb's
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 12 min

Ingredients:
1 cup butter (softened)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tspn vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tspn baking soda
1/2 tspn salt
Jar of Nutella (I used a small jar and used the entire thing... in fact there were a few that didn't get any, so I would suggest a bit bigger jar, but you will likely have some left over with the big jar)

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mini muffin tin.

2. Cream butter and both sugars in a bowl until light, smooth and fluffy.  Beat in eggs and vanilla until fully incorporated.  Gradually add dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda) until all the flour is mixed in.

3. Roll dough into balls and pop them in the mini muffin tin and bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown but not too dark around the edges.

4. When done, remove from oven and let sit for about 2 minutes.  Then make wells for the nutella with the bottom of a shot glass or a spoon.  Add a Tablespoon Nutella to each cup.  As it starts to warm from the heat, stir and make it smooth.

5. Let cool 15-20 minutes in a tin.  Remove from tin and let cool.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails