Sunday, July 6, 2008

Hawaiian (fruit) Pizza


Around the 4th of July I like to make this dessert for a couple reasons. One - it involves fresh fruit which tastes so good this time of year, 2- a cool and light dessert is perfect for a summertime BBQ, and 3- I can use fruit in red, white, and blue for the 4th of July. I got this recipe from my mom, and I made it twice this past weekend, once for Bill's family, and once for mine.


Hawaiian Fruit Pizza
From: My Mom

Ingredients:

1 Jiffy Yellow cake Mix
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup melted Butter
1 Egg
Cool Whip
Your favorite fruits

Directions:
1. Mix cake mix, brow sugar, butter and egg in a bowl on medium speed

2. Spread mixture on greased round pizza pan

3. Bake 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees (I did mine for 12 minutes the first time, and it came out all crunchy... not good. I had to send Bill to the store to get more Jiffy cake, the second time I only cooked it 9 minutes and it came out great.)

4. Let cool fully

5. Spread with Cool Whip

6. Top with your favorite fruits (I usually use strawberries, blueberries, bananas, and sometimes raspberries or kiwi (left out the kiwi for the 4th of July, more patriotic that way).... the more fruit the better! :) Enjoy!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails