Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Monkey Bread



I'm not really a bread person, so I tend to stay away from most bread recipes.  However, I have heard that Monkey bread is really good, and since this recipe was really easy, I figured why not try it out.  It turned out great and I will definitely make it again (but it would have to be for more people than just Bill & I because it is a lot of bread!).

(You can see I used jumbo biscuits because they were the only buttermilk biscuits I could find but I think it would be better with the regular size)

Monkey Bread
From: Pastor Ryan via Tasty Kitchen

Ingredients:
3 cans Buttermilk Biscuits (the Non -flaky ones)
1 cup Sugar
2-3 tsp Cinnamon
2 sticks Butter
1/2 cup Brown Sugar

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Open up all three cans of biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters

3. Combine the white sugar with cinnamon in a 1 gallon zip lock bag and shake to mix evenly.

4.  Put all biscuits quarters in the bag and shake until all sides are covered.

5. Spread covered biscuits out evenly in the bundt pan

6. Melt butter with brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.  Cook mixture, stirring for a few minutes until the two become one.  Once the brown sugar butter has become one color, pour evenly over biscuits

7.  Bake for 20-35 min until crust is a deep dark brown on top.  Remove from oven and let sit 15-30 minutes in pan before turning it over onto a plate.

1 comment:

Ashley's Cooking Adventures said...

This is on my list of 30 Things to Make Before I Turn 30! Looks so scrumptious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails