Sunday, December 19, 2010

Frosted Mint Bars


When I was in 5th Grade, our class all brought in our favorite recipes and made a cookbook for a fundraiser.  Ths is one of the recipes I always liked from the book.  I think they are perfect for this time of year with the green frosting and mint flavor.

When my mom gave me this book a while back it was fun looking though all the recipes, but was most entertaining was the pictures we all drew with them.   I'll post a picture from one of my recipes next time... it is a real winner.




Frosted Mint Bars
From: Ricky Fairbarin - 5th grade recipe book

Ingredients:
Bars:
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1 tsp Vanilla
2 eggs
2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt


Frosting:
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter softened
1/8 cup milk
1/4 tsp peppermint
green food coloring
1 square unsweetened chocolate


Directions:
1. Mix sugar and butter, vanilla, & eggs.  Add other Bar ingredients.   Stir until creamy.

2. Pour into greased 8x8 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.  Let cool. 

3. Frosting: Mix Powdered sugar with butter.  Then add milk and peppermint and mix.  Add 3 drops of green food coloring.  Spread over brownies (once they are cool).  Refrigerate for 15 minutes.

4. Melt square of unsweetened chocolate and then drizzle over Bars.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the nostalgia! Those were fun days! xoxo

Ashley's Cooking Adventures said...

These look scrumptious! I love mint and chocolate too. I am excited to see the illustration - and will hold you to posting it! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails