Sunday, January 16, 2011

Broiled Tilapia Parmesan


My mom sent me this recipe from All Recipes. It was really easy to make and super delicious. I took the suggestions on the website and put a seasoning on my fish before coking it.  I used the Chesapeake Bay Seasoning I got from Ashley, but I think you could use old bay seasoning or just salt and pepper if you wanted.  Also the recipe listed a few spices that I didn't have (like celery salt), so I added a couple things I thought would be good, like Smoked Paprika, I have fallen in love with smoked paprika and use it whenever I can. You could also use regular paprika.  The picture below doesn't show exactly what I used but I did make sure the ingredients section did.


Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
From: All Recipes


Ingredients:
2 pounds tilapia fillets (we actually only used 2 fillets)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter softened
3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp smoked paprika
1/8 tsp garlic powder
 Old Bay/Chesapeake bay seasoning


Directions:
1. Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.

2. In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt.  Mix well and set aside.

3. Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan and sprinkle with Old bay/Chesapeake bay seasoning. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes.  Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes.

4. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side.  Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork.  Be careful not to over cook the fish.

2 comments:

Ashley's Cooking Adventures said...

Did you like the Chesapeake Bay seasoning on the fish?

Elizabeth said...

I did! It added a little extra flavor to the dish!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails