Monday, June 4, 2012

Homemade Cherry Pie Lara Bars



I really love the Cherry Pie Lara Bars.  The other flavor of Lara Bars are ok, but Cherry Pie Bar is my favorite, which is surprising because I don't like regular cherry pie, or pie in general.  But when I saw this recipe at Debbie Does Dinner, I knew I would have to try them.  Turns out, they are so easy to make and only 4 ingredients!  I ended up sending them to my May Foodie Pen Pal Tiffany, and she liked them as well.  I will definitely be making these again and again!


Homemade Cherry Pie Lara Bars
From: Debbie Does Dinner
Prep time: 10 min
makes about 20 balls (depending on the size)

Ingredients:
6oz whole pitted dates, roughly chopped
6oz dried cherries
9oz pecans (or almonds)
1/4 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)

Directions:
1. Place dates and cherries in food processor.  Pulse until processed to a paste.  Transfer to a large bowl.

2. Add nuts to processor (no need to clean in between) and pulse until finely chopped.

3. Add the nuts, along with the cinnamon to the bowl with the fruit paste.  Use your fingers to knead the nuts into the past.  Shape into balls or small bars on wax paper.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails