Thursday, March 21, 2013

Chicken, Broccoli, and Red Bell Peppers with Peanut Butter Dressing

 

I found this recipe and saw that it was for a salad.  I'm not much of a fan of raw broccoli and neither is Bill but we both like cooked broccoli, so I figured I could pretty easily make this a cooked, warm entree. So obviously I made changes in the directions and I added some hot sauce for a little spice and a little cilantro as well, but I think it turned out pretty good.  I also think this could be good on top of some noodles, but we just had it plain.  I accidentally forgot the water/broth in the sauce so it turned out pretty thick, but still tasty.  I used rotisserie chicken so this came together really quickly, but I think you could make it even easier by using a jar of peanut sauce from the store.


Chicken, Broccoli, and Red Bell Peppers with Peanut Butter Dressing
Adapted from: Kalyn's Kitchen
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min

Ingredients:
1-2 cups shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
1 red bell pepper, sliced and then cut slices in half
1-2 large heads of broccoli, cut into pieces
1/4 cup chopped peanuts for garnish (optional)
Chopped cilantro

Dressing:
2-3 Tbsp canola oil
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime sjuice
1 tsp ground ginger (I didn't have any, so I omitted)
2 Tsp Sugar or Sugar substitue
1/3 cup water or chicken broth
1 Tbsp (or more) of Siracha sauce

Directions:
1. Cut up veggies, and shred chicken.  Steam broccoli, after a few minutes of cooking, throw red pepper in with broccoli and cook until broccoli is tender.

2.  Meanwhile, mix dressing ingredients together and then heat over low in a small sauce pan stirring until just warm and mixed.

3. In a large bowl mix chicken, dressing, and vegetables.   Stir in cilantro.  Garnish with more cilantro and peanuts if desired.  (This would probably be good over some noodles, but I'm doing South Beach Diet Phase 1 so we ate it without).


1 comment:

Ramy Issac said...

Gratefull for sharing this

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails