Saturday, July 3, 2010

Italian Pasta Salad

This is a recipe I got from my mom and it is a great salad to bring to a summertime bbq.  It is easy to make, refreshing, light, and even the pickiest eaters usually like the salad. If you are looking to try a new pasta salad to bring to your 4th of July festivities, give this a try!


Italian Pasta Salad
From: My Mom

Ingredients:
1 16oz shell pasta
1 12 oz tri-colored spiral pasta
16oz cubed cheese (sharp cheddar)
1 3 oz pepperoni
1 can sliced black olives
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
other veggies if you want (I usually include green pepper)
16oz zesty Italian dressing.

Directions:
1. Cook pasta according to the directions on the box

2. Mix cooked pasta with all other ingredients (add 1/2 of the Dressing when you make the salad, and the other half right before serving).

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love pasta salads and this one sounds really good! I haven't tried PW's jalapeno's with bacon, but we bought one of those jalapeno roasters for the grill. I filled the peppers with shrimp & cream cheese, then topped them with bacon. So yummy!

Anonymous said...

Yum! I have made the very same italian pasta salad for many years ....I highly suggest you try sprinkling lots of McCormick salad supreme, mix well then serve.

I am enjoying your blog and recipes thanks for sharing :)

Martha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails