Monday, April 22, 2013

Mexican Two Bean Chicken Chili



Yes, I know it is almost may, but here in Chicago it is unfortunately still cold, which means, chili weather.  My friend Kathy from church made us this chili a while back and we liked it so much (probably because of the southwest flavors) that I had to ask for the recipe.  I made it again and it was very easy and hit the spot.  I think I'll even make this in the summertime occasionally.  She served it with cornbread which I really liked (dipped it right in the chili), but you could serve it with tortilla chips too if you wanted.


Mexican Two Bean Chicken Chili
From: Kathy Munson
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min

Ingredients:
1 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped
1 (15oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
2 (14oz) cans chicken broth
1 (16oz) jar thick and chunky salsa
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
3 cups shredded cooked chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, sliced green onions, fresh cilantro
Serve with: tortilla chips or corn bread

Directions:
1. Place all ingredients in a large pot.  Bring to a boil; then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.

2. Serve with Tortilla chips or corn bread, and top with desired toppings.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails