Thursday, April 4, 2013

Beef Enchiladas


I want to start making some freezer meals so of course I searched pinterest and found several I wanted to try immediately.  This is the first one I made and I think it turned out great.  It was a little spicier than I expected, but I think it was due to the enchilada sauce I used.  I made a double batch and put one in a 9x13 pan to give to my parents and the other I split into two 8x8 pans.  We ate one 8x8 pan right away and the other a couple weeks later and both times it was very good.  An easy freezer meal to keep on hand.


Beef Enchiladas
From: The Virtuous Wife
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 45 min

Ingredients:
1 pkg flour tortillas
1 lb ground beef
2 10oz cans red, mild, enchilada sauce
1 16oz can refried beans (optional)
1 4.5oz can chopped green chiles
1 pkg taco seasoning
8 oz Mexican shredded cheese mix
sour cream and salsa for serving

Directions:
1. Brown the ground beef on medium high heat.  Drain any grease from the pan.

2.  Add the taco seasoning and stir.  Add the chilies and stir.

3.  Add can of refried beans. (can use 1/2 - 1 can - beans make it moister).  Stir until the beans have "melted" into the beef mixture.  Turn off heat.

4. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray and one can of enchilada sauce into the bottom of the dish.

5. Spoon about 2 heaping tablespoons of the beef/bean mixture into the center fo the tortilla.

6. Roll up the tortilla and place into the pan, continue until all the enchiladas are done.

7. Pour remaining sauce (1 can) over the enchiladas.

8.  Sprinkle the cheese over the enchiladas.  Cover tightly with tinfoil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.   Allow to cool for 5-15 minutes before cutting into them.  Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired.

If Freezing.  Cover and freeze after sprinkling with cheese.  To cook: defrost dish and follow directions for baking.


1 comment:

Heidi H. said...

I made these tonight ... loved them!! Nothing beats a good enchilada.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails