Monday, January 20, 2014

S'Mores Bars


I made these a while back when I was wanting some type of s'mores dessert.  These were super easy and soooo tasty.  I used store bought cookie dough, but you could make your own if you wanted.  I served it warm, but didn't serve it with ice cream as was suggested, but it would probably be good with ice cream.  I made the bar part and added the marshmallows, but didn't brown them until right before serving it so they were warm when I served it at my in-laws.  I will definitely make these again!



S'Mores Bars
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min

Ingredients:
Graham Crackers
Cookie Dough (I used store bought)
Hershey Bars
Mini Marshmallows

Directions:
1. In an 8x8 square pan make a layer of graham crackers

2. Spread cookie dough out on parchment to a thin layer to fit over the graham crackers, then place in the pan over the graham cracker layer.

3. Bake according to the cookie dough package for about 8 minutes.

4. Remove from oven and drop small squares of Hershey bars on top of the cookie layer.  (I think I used 2-3 bars, but use as many as you like).

5. Cover with mini marshmallows and bake for a few minutes until the marshmallows become fluffy and slightly brown.

6. Serve warm.  Can serve with ice cream.


1 comment:

Caleb Hart said...

I can't believe that you can make these in a dutch oven. My brother is trying to get into this hobby. He's pretty good at it, but he doesn't know very many recipes. I think he should take a look at this one. http://melissaknorris.com/2014/10/25cast-iron-dutch-oven-recipes/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails