Sunday, March 17, 2013

Jello Ricotta Pudding Dessert




A while back I did the south beach diet and really liked it, and now I am back on it.  One of the hardest parts for me on Phase One is that there isn't really any type of dessert (obviously because you don't eat sugar in this phase).  I looked for some possible desserts/sweets and found this one.  I was a little skeptical, but it turned out pretty tasty!  Don't get me wrong, it isn't the same as having a nice big piece of chocolate cake, or a brownie sundae, but it is a nice sweet treat if you feel like you need a little something sweet but don't want to break up with your diet.


Jello Ricotta Pudding Dessert
From: Kalyn's Kitchen
Prep Time: 5-10 min
Chill time: 3-5 hrs
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients:
1 pkg sugar-free jello (Any flavor that you like - I used strawberry)
2/3 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup cold water

Directions:
1. Put ricotta cheese into a bowl and stir with a fork until it's slightly softened.

2. Put powdered Jello from package into a large glass measuring cup or bowl.  Pour in boiling water and whisk for 1-2 minutes, until Jello is dissolved in the water.

3. Stir in ricotta, then cold water and mix together.  Pour into 4 individual glass bowls and place in the refrigerator to set.  Chill 2-5 hrs.  Serve cold from individual dishes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This has been my favorite dessert so far on the South Beach Diet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails