Saturday, August 2, 2008

Spinach Salad and Dressing

I am really bad at making salad... I know that sounds weird, but I have a hard time figuring out what will all taste good together and what dressings will go with what salad. But my favorite salad is the spinach salad and homemade dressing that my mom and aunt make.




Spinach Salad
From: My Mom

Ingredients:
1 bag of fresh spinach washed
1 can bean sprouts or fresh
1 can water sliced chestnuts
4 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1/2 - 1 l b. fried crumbled bacon (or bacon bits)
1 pkg. Mushrooms cleaned & sliced
1/2 pine nuts (optional)
Can also add: mandarin oranges, red onions, almonds, upared apples, avacado, strawberries, kiwi, green onions


Directions: Combine ingredients in big bowl or prepare on each person's salad plate


Dressing


Ingredients:
1/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce


Directions: Mix in blender and toss with salad just before serving


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails