Friday, November 21, 2008

Easy Tacos

Since I like tacos and I like things that are easy, this recipe really appealed to me. I got it from a Better Homes and Gardens magazine. It was pretty good, and very easy.

(I also included Cilantro here... this is an optional ingredient... just as a garnish. I happened to have some so I used it)

Easy Tacos
From: Better Homes and Gardens

Ingredients:
1 17oz pkg. refrigerated beef pot roast with juices
1 14oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Ro*tel)
1 green sweet pepper cut into strips
1 lime, cut in wedges
sour cream
corn tortillas

Directions:
1. Microwave beef according to package directions.

2. Meanwhile place undrained tomatoes in small sauce pan. Heat through.

3. Remove meat, reserving juices.

4. OPTIONAL: It didn't say to, but I cooked my green pepper strips a little in a pan with olive oil to heat them up a bit... but I didn't let them cook too long, they still had a crisp bite.

5. Serve on warmed tortillas with tomatoes, green pepper strips, sour cream, and Cilantro. Drizzle reserved juices if desired.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails