Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Peppermint Pie



This is one of my favorite desserts and will be my last post of the year. We only have it during the Holidays because the stores by my house only carry the Peppermint Ice Cream at Christmas. It is a super easy recipe from my mom and is always a big hit! Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!



Peppermint Pie
From: My Mom

Ingredients:
Peppermint Ice Cream
2 cups Rice Crispies
6 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/4 cup of butter
Chocolate Syrup

Directions:
1. Lightly butter the bottom and sides of pie plate.
2. Melt butter and chocolate chips.
3. Mix in rice crispies until completely covered.
4. Press into pie plate and place in the freezer.
5. After crust is firm, soften the ice cream and fill crust evenly with ice cream (usually about ¾ of a tub).
6. Freeze at least an hour or overnight. Serve with chocolate syrup drizzled over each piece.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails