Thursday, June 30, 2011

Chicken Marinade


I made this marinade tonight and it was perfect - flavorful and juicy but not overbearing.Plus I had all the ingredients at my house. It is great for the grill or oven (we baked it this time, but will be trying it on the grill next time for sure!  Would be perfect for a summertime BBQ! I have been looking for a go-to marinade for chicken and this is now it. 

Note: I did follow some readers suggestions and cut out the salt.  The soy sauce had plenty of salt for us. 


Chicken Marinade
From: Allrecipes

Ingredients:
1 - 1 1/2 lb chicken breasts
1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp minced fresh parsley (or can use dried)

Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, mix together oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and lemon juice.  Stir in mustard powder, salt, pepper and parsley.

2.  Marinate chicken a couple hours up to over night (I put my chicken in the marinade in the morning before work).  The longer you marinate, the more flavor it will have.

3. Grill or bake as desired and discard marinade (I baked ours at 350 for 35 min).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails