Thursday, January 10, 2013

Crock Pot Minestrone Soup



When my mom came to visit she was just getting over being sick so I wanted to make her some soup, but wanted it to be ready when I got home because she would already be there and probably be hungry.  I've seen a lot of crock pot chili recipes, but wanted something lighter.  When I saw this recipe for Minestrone Soup, I knew it would be perfect.  I didn't have vegetable juice, but did have some tomato juice so I used that instead and I think it turned out pretty good! Not perfect, but considering I spent all of 15 minutes chopping and putting it together, I'd say it was a success!


Crock Pot Minestrone Soup
From: Smashed Peas and Carrots
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 6-8 hours

Ingredients:
4 cups chicken broth
 1 1/2 cup vegetable juice (like V8)
14.5oz can diced tomatoes, undtrained
2 cups fresh spinach
1 cup chopped green onions
1 cup chopped celery
1 1/2 cups chopped potatoes
1 can cannellini beans
1 tsp dry parsley
salt and Peper
1/3 cup dry ditalini pasta or other small pasta noodle

Directions
1.  Prep all vegetables.  Place everything in crock pot except the pasta and stir well to combine.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6.

2. Add Ditalini Pasta and stir well.  Cover and cook for an additional 20 minutes before serving.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails