Friday, September 27, 2013

Freezer Meal - Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken


This is another freezer meal I made a while back.  When I cooked it, I added some green pepper chunks  since I had them on hand. I have to be honest, this wasn't my favorite.  It wasn't bad per say, it was just kind of boring.  I might try to come up with a variation of this though because I like a good sweet and sour chicken, and in the crock pot even better.

Freezer Meal - Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken
From: Making our Marx
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 6-7 hrs

Ingredients:
2-3 chicken breasts
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbs soy sauce
1 can of large pineapple chunks
2 cup of pineapple juice (from can)

Directions:
1. Place all ingredients into gallon freezer bag.  Get out as much air as possible when closing.  Freeze.

2.  To cook: Thaw, place contents of bag in crock pot and cook on low for 6-7 hours.  Shred and serve over rice.

*** I didn't read very closely since I was doing a bunch of these and cut the chicken into pieces instead of leaving them whole.  I think they should turn out fine though ****

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails