Friday, August 22, 2008

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

I have a thing for Mexican food. And any food with a hint of Mexican flare. I could probably eat it everyday... but I try to limit it to once a week and mix it in with other types of food for my Husband's sake. So here is another Mexican(ish) dish that I got from my mom, who got it from Taste of Home. Even my little brother ate it who is a picky eater, so it isn't too exotic... but it is delicious!


Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
From: Taste of Home

Ingredients:
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 T. water
1 t. onion powder (you could use onion salt if you don't have powder... Use whatever you have or you could add real chopped onions)
1 t. ground cumin
1/4 t. salt
1/8 pepper
2 1/2 c. diced cooked chicken (I actually cooked up some chicken in the oven with some salt and pepper then diced it, but you could use the pre-cooked rotisserie chicken to save time)
10 flour tortillas

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c. sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1 can chopped green chilies
1 cup (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
1.In a large bowl beat the cream cheese, water onion powder, cumin, salt & pepper until smooth. Stir in chicken.
2. Place 1/4 cup of mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in greased 9x13 baking dish.
3.In a bowl combine the soup, sour cream, milk & chillies. Then pour over enchiladas.
4. Bake uncovered at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until heated through.
5. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake 5 more minutes until cheese is melted.

6. Serve with Salsa and sour cream if desired.
I know... I have lousy presentation of my food... I'm trying to work on it, but sometimes I just want to eat it and not take pictures of it so I get distracted.


NOTE: I often end up serving any Mexican dish with a side of rice and black beans because we really like them, but also because I don't have many ideas for other Mexican sides. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them!

1 comment:

Ashley's Cooking Adventures said...

Since I'm on my Mexican food kick from vacation I am going to give these a try tonight. They look so delicious!! I'll let you know how it goes. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails