Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bowties with Sausage, Tomato, & Cream

When I got married, I received a bunch of recipes at my showers (like a lot of people do), I've tried a bunch of them, and this one we had earlier this summer. It is from our family friend Joan DeWilde, who is a great cook, much better than myself, and if you try this recipe, you will see why. The only reason I waited so long to try it is because I was convinced it was going to be difficult... but it wasn't!


Bowties with Sausage, Tomato, & Cream
From: Joan DeWilde

Ingredients:
2 Tbs Olive Oil
3 cloves Garlic (crushed)
1 lb Sweet Italian Sausage (Take meat out of skin)
1/2 tsp Hot Pepper Flakes
1/2 cup chopped Onions
28oz. can Crushed Tomatoes
1 1/2 cup half & Half
1/2 tsp salt
16 oz Bow Tie Pasta

Directions:
1. Cook Pasta according to package

3. Saute Sausage & Pepper Flakes (approx 7 min)

4. Add Onion & Garlic - Saute another 7 min.

5. Add Tomatoes, salt, and Cream

6. Simmer Until Sauce Thickens (approx 4 min)


7. Pour over Cooked Pasta. Serve with Parmesan Cheese.

(NOTE: you can freeze 1/2 the sauce for a later meal... also it is a little spicy, but very good!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails