Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mimi's Chili


It is getting down right cold here in Chicago, and that means it is time for some Chili. Everyone has their own favorite chili recipe, and this is the recipe from my mom, but it is originally from my Mimi. It is delicious, and super easy, perfect for the fall football watching season!

(as you can see I'm missing the onion and green pepper in the picture... sorry! I also sometimes like to add Black beans which I obviously did here since you can see their reflection in the toaster!

Mimi's Chili
From: Mimi

Ingredients:
1 lb hamburger
1/2 onion chopped
1/2 green pepper chopped
1 can tomato sauce
1 can chopped tomatoes (undrained)
2-3 cans chili hot beans (undrained)
I often add 1 can of black beans because I love them.


Directions:
1. In a large pot or dutch oven, brown hamburger, onion and green pepper together. Drain off the excess fat.

2. Add tomatoes, sauce, and beans. Stir.  (I sometimes add corn, but if you are doing South Beach Diet Phase one, omit corn)

3. Heat through, top with shredded cheese if desired.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails