Sunday, November 10, 2013
Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli
Whenever we get Chinese food, Bill almost always orders Beef and Broccoli. When I saw this easy recipe that could be done in the slow cooker, I knew I had to make it. It turned out really good. The red pepper flakes give it a little spice that you don't expect, but if you aren't into spice you could easily leave that out and it would still be really flavorful. I'm sure I will be making this again soon!
Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli
From: A Year of Slow Cooking
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 6-8 hrs on low
1 lb thin beef
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp white wine
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 bag frozen broccoli florets, thawed
1. Add the liquid to the crockpot. Add garlic and spices to mixture.
2. Slice meat into thin strips, toss in liquid and spices.
3. Cook on low fro 6-8 hours.
4. A 1/2 hr to an hour before hand, add bag of broccoli and cook on high for 1/2 hr to an hour until warm.
5. Serve over white or brown rice.