Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Chicken and Artichoke Hearts

When my friend Libby mentioned that she was making this for dinner one day and I knew I needed to get the recipe. When she sent it I noticed that where she listed 'white wine,' she said 'save more for personal consumption' - that is my kind of recipe! :)   This is a recipe she got from her mom, and it so easy and delicious!  It light and healthy and a breeze to make even after a long day at work. I have made it twice since she gave me the recipe so I know it must be a keeper. Thanks Libs!


Chicken and Artichoke Hearts
From: Libby's Mom

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp Butter
1 Garlic clove, minced
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
flour
1/2 cup Chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine
juice of one whole lemon
1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
capers to taste

Directions:
1. Dredge Chicken in flour - I skip this step to make it SB Phase 1

2. Melt butter in frying pan with garlic.  Add chicken and brown on both sides

3. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, wine, artichoke hearts, and capers (the first time I used way to many, but the second time I got it just right - I think i used about a 1/4 of a jar or maybe less)

4. Cook on low and reduce liquid (don't let the chicken get too well done).  Serve over brown rice unless during South Beach Diet Phase 1 (she suggests cooking your rice with chicken broth instead of water).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails