Rainforest Chicken and Pasta from Souffle Bombay caught my eye because it looked so light and fresh, plus it included pasta! It turned out really good, and made quite a bit that we had the left overs for dinner the following night. It is a great quick, easy, and light meal for a summer night!
Rain-forest Chicken and Pasta
From Souffle Bombay
1 box fettuccine
4 boneless chicken breasts (I used thin cut)
1 cup corn (off the cob is best)
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
2 scallions, chopped
2 Tbsp Paprika
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion salt
Dash of red pepper (optional)
1 Tbsp cajun spices
1. In a small bowl combine paprika, garlic powder, onion salt and red pepper. coat chicken breasts in seasoning, set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine corn (if fresh corn, saute with butter/oil and Cajun seasoning until tender crisp), scallions, and tomatoes, set aside.
3. Grill chicken breasts (on grill or grill pan on stove) for 8-10 minutes, flipping once. let chicken rest for a couple of minutes, then slice it into smaller sections.
4. Meanwhile cook fettuccine according to directions.
5. Toss fettuccine with olive oil and Cajun seasoning to taste and plate. place chicken slices across the pasta, cover the chicken with vegetable salsa and serve.
**** I did not have Cajun spices or onion salt, so I ended up experimenting with some Chesapeake bay seasoning, blackening spices, and smoked paprika. I also used the same mix of all the spaces for both the chicken and pasta. Still tasted delish****