Sunday, August 8, 2010
This is a recipe from my mom - she put this in the recipe book she gave me when I got married of all our favorite recipes growing up. I love all the fresh berries and how light the dessert is for the summer. Perfect for a hot summers eve and looks fancier than it is to make!
From: My Mom
Angel food cake (cubed)
3 oz. cooked vanilla pudding package
8 oz cool whip
Fruit - strawberries, bananas, blueberries, or raspberries
1. Cook vanilla pudding as directed. let sit in pan and cool
2. Slice fruit and cube angel food cake
3. Layer half of the angel food cake on the bottom of a trifle or class bowl.
4. After pudding has somewhat cooled and thickened add half of it over the angel food cake. Then layer half of the whipped cream over the pudding and add a layer of Fruit (don't skimp).
5. Repeat layering with the rest of the angel food cake, then pudding, whipped cream and top with fruit. (Optional - you can add sliced almonds on top)
6. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.