Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Greek Salad

I tried this salad from Tasty Kitchen when my mom and brother were visiting this summer.  While mine doesn't look quite as good as hers, it was quite delicious.  I mistakenly purchased reduced fat feta and let me tell you it is not anywhere close to as good as the real stuff.  I think real feta would have made this salad much better.


Greek Salad
From: Tasty Kitchen
NOTE: I didn't roast my own red pepper, and I cut the recipe in half.

Ingredients:

For Salad:
1 Roasted Red Pepper, cut into think Strips
1 Small Red Onion, sliced
1 Cucumber, Thickly sliced
8 cups Romain Lettuce, Chopped
2 Large Tomatoes, Cut into 12 Wedges
20 Large Kalamata Olives
5 oz, weight Feta Cheese, Crumbled
1/4 cups loosely packed fresh Parsley

For Vinaigrette:
3 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 1/2 tsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
2 tsp Fresh Oregano Leaves, Minced (or 1 tsp dried)
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 clove Garlic, Pressed or Minced
6 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Directions:
1. Mix Vinaigrette ingredients together.

2. Marinate onions and cucumber in dressing for 20 minutes

3. Combine with other ingredients and serve

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails