I made this for Bill's family a couple days after I made the Cheesy Zucchini Quinoa and was afraid we would be burnt out of Quinoa. This turned out to be way better than that recipe and everyone loved it. There weren't even any leftovers!
Broccoli Quinoa Casserole
From: Eating Well... Living Thin
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 40 min
1 (10oz) can Condensed Cream of Broccoli Soup
1/3 cup reduced fat mayonaise
2 Tbsp milk
1 1/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheese (cheddar, colby-jack, etc)
1/2 tsp sugar or splenda
1/4 tsp black pepper
dash ground nutmeg
2 cups cooked broccoli
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
Freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. To cook quinoa: rinse 3/4 cup quinoa until water runs clear. In a small saucepan combine quinoa 1 1/2 cup water, and 1/4 tsp salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 18-20 minutes, or until fluffy and the white ring/tail is visible. Fluff with a fork - this will make around 1 1/2 cups Quinoa
2. While quinoa is cooking, cook broccoli until tender (I steamed mine).
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a shallow casserole dish with cooking spray.
4. In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, milk, shredded cheese, sugar/spelnda, pepper, and nutmeg until well mixed. Stir in the quinoa and broccoli.
5. Spoon mixture into prepared casserole. Sprinkle Parmesan over the top and bake fro 35 - 40 minutes or until bubbly on the edges and golden.