Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Rice and Black Beans


I first was introduced to Rice and Beans from Bill's family. They have them often, I originally didn't think I would like them, and now I love them. They are are especially great in my opinion as a side to a Mexican dish. I love them in and on our tacos.

Rice and Black Beans
From: My Mother-in-Law
Prep Time: 2 min
Cook Time: 5-10 min

Ingredients:
Rice (2 cups for a large can of Black Beans or 1 cup for 15oz can Black beans)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 can Black Beans
1 clove Garlic, Minced




Directions:
1. Cook rice to your desired tenderness.

2.  Heat a tablespoon of olive oil and one clove of crushed garlic in a medium sauce pan.

3. Add 1 can of Black Beans with their juices. Heat through. Serve over rice

1 comment:

Ashley's Cooking Adventures said...

I'm going to try these tonight with your Creamy Chicken Enchiladas!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails