Monday, June 16, 2008

Tomatillo Cilantro Chicken Tacos


My sister Carrie gave me this recipe, it is one of my favorite. I am a sucker for tacos (and most Mexican food), so I end up making it at least once a month.

Tomatillo Cilantro Chicken Tacos
From: My Sister Carrie
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook time: 15-20 min

Ingredients:
Shredded Cooked Chicken(I usually buy a rotisserie chicken and pull off as much as I need, because I’m lazy and the rotisserie kind always taste better than when I do it myself anyway)
1 Can Green Tomatillos (Drained)
Cilantro (as much as desired of the leaves)
Chipotle Peppers in Adobo sauce (1-2 peppers - or more if you like them spicy)
*** Also Needed: Additional Taco Fixins... Shells, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, salsa, etc. At our house we also usually serve them with Rice and Black Beans.

Directions:
1. Shred Chicken and put into a small pan

2. Put Tomatillos, Cilantro leaves, and Chipotle peppers into food processor


3. Once Liquid Combine in pan with Shredded Chicken

4. Place in the oven at 300 for about 10-15min

5. Serve on Taco Shells with Taco fixins of your choice and a side of rice and beans if desired. Enjoy!!!



***NOTE: Tomatillos may not be available in every grocery store, in the Chicago area Dominick’s carries them, but Jewel does not. So when I find them, I usually stock up. ***

1 comment:

Joe Horn said...

Hey, I love the blog and I love to read it. I just did some chicken tacos and I thought you might want to come by and check them out. If you have a minute, stop by and let me know what you think.
http://cookingquest.wordpress.com

Thanks, Joe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails