Friday, August 28, 2009

Sweet Corn Risotto


I LOVE Corn in the summer and absolutely adore risotto, so it only made sense that I would want to try a Corn Risotto. I looked up several recipes online, but there wast any one that kept it simple enough (I like to keep it simple), and didn't introduce too many spices. I wanted to keep the pure corn flavor throughout the whole dish. So I kind of just did my own version which I'm sure isn't new, but I didn't work off any one recipe. I think it turned out great, especially if you love corn, but if you like a little heat, you could easily spice it up anyway you like! It is a little sweet (like the corn) so I think it is best to have it with something that balances it out is best - like steak and salad with a vinaigrette which is what we had.

-- I totally forgot to take a picture of the ingredients!--

Sweet Corn Risotto

Ingredients:
3 ears of corn
1 Tbs Olive Oil & 1 Tbs Butter
1/2 onion chopped
1 cup Arborio Rice
1/4 cup white wine
2-4 cups of chicken broth
2-3 Tbs Milk
1/4 -1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
1. Cook the corn (you can do this anyway you want, grill, boil, bake - what I did was wrap each corn in aluminum foil [with husks still on] and baked it for 20 min at 400 degrees). After corn is cooked and cool, remove husks (if you haven't yet), and cut off the kernals and save for later.

2. While Corn is cooking, heat the oil and butter in a saucepan on Medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent. Then add Arborio rice cook for 1-2 min (stirring the entire time). Heat Chicken broth in a separate pan.

3. Add Wine to the rice and stir continuously, letting it absorb the wine. When the wine is absorbed start to add chicken broth one ladle full at a time. Let each ladle of broth be absorbed by the rice, stirring often. Repeat until rice is al dente and creamy (about 20-30 min).

4. While rice is cooking, puree 1/2 of the corn with the milk. When Rice is al dente, add the puree, whole corn kernels, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir until combined. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.  mmmm... heavenly!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Mmm, as soon as summer gets here and I can get fresh corn, I'd love to make this. I love risotto!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails