Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Chicken and Biscuits


My mom used to make this for us when I was growing up. It is great on those cold winter nights and feel like you just want a warm casserole that is comforting, but also has a bunch of veggies! I usually use a 8x8 inch pan and cut the recipe in half since I'm usually just cooking for Bill and I, and it is plenty for us.




Chicken and Biscuits
From: My Mom

Ingredients:
2 can cream of chicken soup
2/3 - 1 cup milk
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp pepper
4 cups cut up cooked vegetables (can use frozen) Broccoli, carrots, peas, corn, potatoes (whatever you have)
2 cups cooked chicken or turkey (cut up)
2 pkgs crescent rolls

Directions:
1. In a 9x13 pan, combine soup, milk, seasonings. (Preheat oven to 375)

2. Stir in vegetables and chicken (I often use the rotisserie chicken and pull off what I need).

3. Bake at 375 until mixture for 20 minutes (until Mixture bubbles). At 20 min stir lay flat crescent rolls on top and bake about 8 more minutes (until golden brown).




2 comments:

Connie R. said...

Came across your blog while surfing... I enjoy your recipes -- not too difficult and not too many ingredients. I make chocolate candies of all kinds and I tried your cream cheese oreo filling... everyone loved it.

Elizabeth said...

The Oreo ones are so easy and everyone seems to always like it, glad you guys liked it as well! Thanks for visiting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails