Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spicy Chicken with Creamy Chipotle Orzo


When I make chicken tacos, I always have a punch of chipotle peppers left since I buy a can of them and only use on or two.  I found this recipe from Home Cook Superstar and thought I would give it a try since I could use a little bit more from  the can of peppers.  It was very easy and tasty, but it ended up being a LOT spicier than I that it would be.  I would definitely make this again, but I would cut back on the spice.  However, if your motto is 'the hotter, the better,' then this recipe is for you.
 

Spicy Chicken with Creamy Chipotle Orzo
From: Home Cook Superstar

Ingredients:
For the Spicy Chicken:
2 boneless, skinless chicken Breasts (I actually used several Chicken tenders)
2 cups salsa
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp Honey

For the Creamy Chipotle Orzo:
1 Cup orzo, cooked according to package directions
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp nonfat Greek yogurt
1 chipotle pepper, minced plus 1 Tbsp adobo sauce

Directions:
Directions for Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 400. combine salsa, mustard, and honey in a small saucepan until thoroughly blended.  Bring to a boil, simmer over medium heat until reduced by 1/3

2. Meanwhile sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.  Heat a non-stick skillet over high heat.  Once hot, saute the chicken about 2-3 min per side until crispy.

3. Place Chicken in a pie plate and cover with salsa mixture.  Bake fore 20 minutes.  While Chicken is cooking, prepare Creamy Chipotle Orzo.


Directions For Creamy Chipotle Orzo:
1.Cook Orzo According to package.

2. Mix garlic, yogurt, pepper, and adobo sauce together in a medium bowl.

3. Add cooked orzo into sauce and stir until fully coated, salt and pepper to taste.

4.  Serve Chicken on top of Creamy Orzo. Top with Cilantro if desired.

1 comment:

Ashley's Cooking Adventures said...

This looks good! Being in Mexico makes me crave spicy food. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails