Monday, April 12, 2010

Salmon with Avocado Remoulade

I'm enticed by any recipe that includes avocado and this recipe from Simply Recipes was no different.  It was very light and fresh.  I cut the recipe in half for Bill and I and there was still a lot Remoulade (but I just had it on some bread... mmmm).  My remoulade turned out a bit thick also, so next time I might add a little bit more lime juice or oil and puree it a little more.

Salmon with Avocado Remoulade
From: Simply Recipes

Ingredients:
2 Large Avocados
3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
2-4 tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp minced shallots or green onion
1 Tbsp minced parsley
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Salt & Pepper
4 Salmon Fillets

Directions:
1. Put Avocado pieces and lime juice into a food processor or blender and pulse until blended.  Slowly add olive oil, pulsing, until you reach desired consistency of sauce (I think I should have added a little more olive oil or lime juice as it was a bit thick).

2.Add minced Shallots and Parsley, pulse just until combined.  Remove to a bowl, add mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.

3.  Coat the bottom of a sate pan with oil, heat on medium high until almost smoking.  Season both sides of the salmon fillets with salt and pepper.  Carefully lay salmon into the pan.  Cook the salmon until about medium,  about 3-4 min per side.

4.  Serve Salmon with avocado remoulade sauce. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails