Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Slow Cooker Black Beans

 

I love black beans, and when I saw this recipe for Crock Pot Black beans with cilantro I couldn't pass it up.  Her recipe made a lot of beans so I cut it in half (the halved recipe is below).  Next time I think I will use fresh garlic and maybe add some chopped onion, but it turned out great!


Slow Cooker Black Beans
From: Kalyns Kitchen

Ingredients:
1 pkg dried black beans (
3 cups chicken stock
1 Tbsp dried cilantro
2 tsp garlic powder (or 1 Tbsp chopped fresh garlic)
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Directions:
1. The night before you plan to cook this, rinse beans and pick out broken pieces.  Place beans in a large pot, cover with cold water by several inches and soak overnight.

2. The next morning, drain beans, then place beans, chicken stock, dried cilantro, and garlic powder in slow cooker.  Cook all day on low, 8-10 hrs.

3. When beans are well softened, turn off Crock Pot and stir in fresh cilantro.  Serve Immediately, garnish with additional chopped cilantro if desired. I served it over brown rice.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails