Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes



I love sweet potatoes but Bill doesn't love them as much as I do so when he was gone for a couple weeks this winter I mainly had meals of all vegetables and tried out this recipe.  I really enjoyed the sweetness of the potatoes with the mix of spices.  I also didn't think I would like the honey on them but it really added a nice flavor.  I liked these a lot and they are so simple, I pretty much have all the ingredients in the house.  I will have to make them again and see if I can get Bill to like them  as much as I do.


Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes
From: the country cook via Tasty Kitchen

Ingredients:
2 Whole Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 Inch Rounds
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
1//2 tsp Chili Pepper
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper

Directions:
1. In a bowl, toss all ingredients together until well coated.  Place sweet potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet covered in foil and coated with cooking spray.  Place in cold oven. Turn oven to 425 degrees and cook for 30 minutes.

2. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and remove the top layer of foil. Place it back in the oven and cook for 10-25 more minutes, or until the bottoms of the potatoes are golden.

3. Serve drizzled with honey if desired.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails