Thursday, November 3, 2011

Easy Acorn Squash


This is one of the dishes I remember my mom making every fall.  I reminds me of home when I make it and having something sweet (especially a vegetable) is always a huge plus. I'm so glad that so many foods and smells remind me of home and growing up with my family.

Easy Acorn Squash
From: My Mom

Ingredients:
1 Acorn Squash
1-2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp Brown sugar
Maple syrup (optional)

Directions:
1. Cut squash in half, remove seeds and gunk. Place in glass dish with cut side up with 1/4 - 1/2 inch of water in the bottom.

2. Microwave on high for 4 1/2 minutes, check, rotate, and microwave for 4 1/2 minutes more or until fork goes through easily.

3. Add 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp Brown sugar to the squash cavity and drizzle with maple syrup. microwave for 1 minutes more until butter is melted and serve.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails