Sunday, March 18, 2012

Crock Pot Macaroni & Cheese



I made this to bring to my small group and tried to double the recipe, but my crock pot didn't really hold a double recipe so I had to improvise.  It turned out pretty good.  But how can you go wrong with pasta and cheese!


Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese
From: Food.com and Paula Deen
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook time: 2 1/2 hours

Ingredients:
2 cups uncooked pasta
4 Tbsp butter
2 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
3 eggs (I omitted the eggs)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup whole milk
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp black pepper

Directions:
1. Boil past in water for six minutes.  Drain.

2. In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Stir until the cheese melts.

3. In slow cooker, combine cheese mixture and add the eggs (I omitted the eggs), sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper.  Add the drained macaroni and stir again.

4. Cook on low for 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails