Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mexican Caviar





I have seen a lot of variations of Mexican Caviar and I finally made one.  I love the addition of black olives to the dip since I LOVE black olives, but I think next time I will chop them up myself because I didn't like the flavor the chopped ones in a can had. 



Mexican Caviar
From: Just Jenn

Ingredients:
3 tsp olive oil
3 tsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp tapatio
2 roma tomatoes, diced small
1/2 cup corn
1 (7oz) can chopped black olives
1 (7oz) can chopped green chiles
1 avocado, diced small
1 clove garlic, minced
squeeze of half a lime
pinch of salt
freshly ground pepper

Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, toss the diced tomatoes, corn, chopped black olives, chopped green chiles, diced avocado and garlic.

2. Mix together the olive oil and red wine vinegar, pour over all ingredients and toss. Add the Tapatio and squeeze of half a lime and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.

3. Serve immediately with Chips, but can let flavors mingle in the fridge for a few hours.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails