Saturday, March 10, 2012

Warm Winter Chick Peas with Brussels Sprouts


This is a great easy and healthy side dish.  I made mine without bacon because I didn't have any in the house and it was still delicious.  I highly recommend it!

***Obviously I forgot the chickpeas, butter, pepper, nutmeg, and parmesan for the picture ***

Warm Winter Chickpeas with Brussels Sprouts
From: How Sweet It Is

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp Butter
1 cup sliced mushrooms (I used baby bellas)
6-8 brussels sprouts, thinly sliced (I used more like 10)
1 can (15oz) Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 slices bacon (I omitted)
2 Tbsp Toasted pecans, Chopped
1/4 tsp pepper
1 pinch nutmeg
grated parmesan for topping

Directions:
1.  Heat large skillet over medium heat and add 1 tbsp butter.  Add mushrooms and saute for about 5 minutes, or until they begin to caramelize, stirring occasionally.

2.  Add brussels with a pinch of salt and remaining butter, stirring to coat, then cook for another 5 minutes.

3.  Add Chickpeas, bacon, pecans, pepper and nutmeg, then stir and let sit for 5-6 minutes until chickpeas are warm and the flavors come together.  Serve warm with grated parmesan on top.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails