Friday, July 27, 2012

Baked Chocolate Pecan Raspberry Banana Oatmeal





I saw this and thought, Oatmeal... Good, Raspberries... Good, Chocolate... GOOD.  So I gave it a shot.  It was delicious and especially liked the crunch the pecans added, however might be a little too much chocolate for me in the morning (says the girl who has been known to eat dessert for breakfast). But I did eat the leftovers later that day as a snack.    I'm not sure if I liked this better or the Fruity Baked Oatmeal, but I think next time I might cut down on the amount of chocolate chips, or maybe use mini chips instead.

Baked Chocolate Pecan Raspberry Banana Oatmeal
From: Urban Nester
Prep Time:
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes

Ingredients:
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup pecan or walnut pieces
1 cup raspberries (or strawberries)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2 cups milk
1 large egg
3 Tbsp butter, melted
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 ripe banana, peeled, 1/2-inch slices

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and generously spray the inside of a 10 1/2 by 7 inch baking dish with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet. (I didn't have a 10 1/2 by 7 inch, so I just used my...

2. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, half the nuts, half the raspberries, and half the chocolate.

3. In another large bowl whisk together the milk, butter, egg, and vanilla extract.

4.  Add the oat mixture to prepared baking dish.  Arrange remaining berries, nuts, and chocolate on the top.  Add the banana slices to the top, then pour the milk mixture over everything.  Gently shake the baking dish to help the milk mixture go throughout the oats.

4. Bake 35-40 minutes or until the top is nicely golden brown and the milk mixture has set. Serve with milk and extra brown sugar if desired.


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails