Thursday, July 12, 2012

Flank Steak Marinade



I bought a great looking flank steak at our local butcher and was looking for a marinade and went straight to Pinterest.  This one was easy and I had all the ingredients in the house.  I really liked the flavors on this, but I only had a few hours to marinate and I think it could have been even more if I had let it marinate all day. This is perfect for summer BBQs!

Flank Steak Marinade
From: Mrs. Mama Hen
Prep time: 5 min
Marinading time: 3 - 8 hrs


Ingredients:
2 Flank Steaks
1 1/2 Tbsp grated fresh Ginger
6 cloves Garlic, Minced
1/2 cup Red Wine (I totally misread this and used red wine vinegar, whoops!)
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Honey
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
3/4 tsp Red Pepper flakes

Directions:
1.  In a bowl, combine all of hte ingredients except the steaks.  Whisk them together until the Honey dissolves.

2. Place the steaks in a large zip-log bag.  Pour marinade over the steaks, close the bag (removing as much air as you can.  Refridgerate for 3-8 hours. Turn the bag over a few times during the marinating time.

3. Cook marinaded steaks on grill or in a skillet discarding the marinade.  When Cooked to desired tenderness, let rest and then cut into strips across the grain of the meat.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails