Saturday, April 6, 2013

Sugar Free Powdered Sugar



I didn't know making powdered sugar was so easy!!!  I'm trying to eat less sugar but I still like my sweets so when I made some Chocolate PB Eggs the other day I wanted to use SF powdered sugar.  I used Truvia to make mine because my local grocer doesn't have a wide variety to choose from, at turned out great and couldn't be easier!  It is also good to know in case you are making something and run out of powdered sugar, you can just make it yourself from regular sugar!


Sugar Free Powdered Sugar
From: Chocolate Covered Katie
Prep time: 5 min

Ingredients:
1 cup xylitol or Sucanat - I actually used Truvia, because that's what I had
optional: 1-2 tsp arrowroot or cornstarch to prevent clumping. (I didn't use this)

Directions:
1. Place ingredients into blender or food processor.  Blend/Pulse until sugar becomes powdered (It will smoke a little, but that's ok). This can also work for regular sugar or brown sugar.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails