Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What's For Lunch Wednesday: Healthier Egg Salad


I used to love having egg salad sandwiches for lunch when I was a kid.  I didn't love how it smelled up my locker and everyone looked at me funny when I pulled out the stinky sandwich, but it was worth it. This recipe still uses mayonnaise but at least it packs a little more healthiness with the greek yogurt. It was very tasty, although I may have pulsed the eggs a little too much, so next time I will do one or 2 less so that I have bigger chunks of eggs

What's For Lunch Wednesday: Healthier Egg Salad 
From: The Yummy Life
Prep Time: 20 min

Ingredients:
6-8 Hard Boiled Eggs
Plain Greek Yogurt
Mayonnaise,
Dill
Salt and Pepper
Lettuce
Wheat Pita Pocket (or other roll)

Directions:
1. Place hard boiled eggs in food processor and give them a few quick pulses (7-12) until chopped (you don't want them pureed.

2. Mince the dill (not stalks). Combine in a bowl with some yogurt, mayo, salt and pepper (all ingredients to taste)

3. Add chopped eggs and stir with a fort, using a light touch.

4. In a pita, roll, or some bread and fill with some egg salad and lettuce if desired.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails