Friday, July 11, 2008

Recipe Misfires

So I was thinking I would only put recipes on the blog that I liked after we tried. But, I was thinking about it, and something that I don't like, others might, so I will still do breif posts on them, but will label them all Recipe Misfires and you can "Make them at your own risk."

I love corn especially in the summer when I can have corn on the cob. I am always looking for new ways to incorporate corn into my meals so I tried 2 different corn recipes in the past month. I was really, really excited to try them (which Bill can attest to) so you can imagine how disappointed I was when they didn't turn out to be as delicious as I had thought.

The first one is from one of my all time favorite cooking blogs... The Pioneer Woman, and I have had several of her recipes and LOVED them... so I thought for sure this would be a winner... but alas, I think I either did something wrong, or just don't have the same taste buds as her in this case... here is the recipe for her Fresh Corn Casserole. Her pictures are beautiful and look delicious. Mine, not so much as you can see here.



The second one is a corn casserole with canned corn... I got it from the same site, but submitted by someone else in one of the comments.
The recipe: 1 box jiffy cornbread mix, one cup sour cream, one can whole kernel corn, one can cream style corn….mix all together and put into a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. This is one I may try again... It was okay, but I think I cooked it in too small of a pan, so I don't think it cooked completely right.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails