Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Special K Bars

I got this recipe from my friend Jorie, and they are very good. They are similar to Scotcheroos (or scotchmos as bill calls them) which is a recipe of my moms. I like them both... I just love sweet snacks!


Special K Bars
From: Jorie Meyer

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1 cup light Karo Syrup
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
7 cups Special K cereal
1 pkg milk chocolate chips
1 pkg butterscotch chips

Directions:
1. Bring Sugar and karo syrup to a light boil, while constantly stirring.

2. Add peanut butter and melt together.

3. Remove from heat and mix with cereal. Make sure to cover all the cereal with mixture.

4. Spread into a cookie sheet.


5. Melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together (either over the stove or in the microwave).

6. Spread over the bars.

7. Refrigerate until solid then remove and cut into squares. (do not store in freezer or they will be really hard)

1 comment:

Andy Gammons said...

Elizabeth,
This recipe inspired my rice krispie treats cut in half with peanut butter and chocolate on the inside. MMMM. I'm glad you're still doing this blog. I like it a lot. I was just with Amanda's family last weekend and they all commented that they are now all reading your blogs. The blogosphere is a lot of fun.

Andy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails