Friday, March 26, 2010

Raspberry Brie Bites



I'm a big cheese lover. I'll take any type of cheese from the fancy cheese from whole foods to the individually packaged slices.  These brie bites are very easy and are a tasty little treat.  When making these, make sure to not over fill the cups with the jam or they will be overly sweet and sticky. Also be aware that one tube of crescent rolls makes 16 mini muffin cups!  I often only use half or even a quarter of the tube at a time. 


Raspberry Brie Bites

Ingredients
1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls
Brie
raspberry jam

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a mini muffin pan thoroughly with Non Stick Spray.

2. Unroll the crescent dough. Separate into 4 rectangles by pinching 2 triangles together. Slightly flatten out rectangles.  Cut each rectangle into fourths, making 16 smaller rectangles.

3. Place dough in the mini muffin pan, forming small cups, cut brie into small pieces, about 1/2 -1 teaspoon each. I usually cut the hard outer part off the cheese, but you can leave it on as well.  Put one piece of brie in each crescent cup.  Top each with 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of raspberry jam, be sure not to overfill cups.

4. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.  Bake until crescent are golden brown and cheese is bubbly.  remove from oven and serve warm.

5 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

These are lovely to look at and that combination of raspberry jam with the brie is outstanding. I love that these are so easy to make.

Karen said...

Mmm, I could eat a handful of these! They sound like they're nice and creamy and flaky at the same time!

Ashley's Cooking Adventures said...

Elizabeth, I was thinking about making these as an appetizer at Thanksgiving but don't have a mini muffin tin. Do you think I could make them big and use my regular sized muffin tin?

Elizabeth said...

The first time I made these I used regular muffin tins. It definitely still works, they just end up a bit messier - the cheese and raspberry ooze a little more. I'm sure if you try to make sure they are pinched together on the sides that should help. Hope they turn out well for you!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely delicious! I made these in a heart-shaped mini muffin tin and topped with a fresh raspberry after it came out of the oven for Valentine's Day. They were a huge hit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails