This is another recipe we got from Men's Health. One of my favorite things about the men's health recipes is that not only are they very healthy and of course tasty, but they give all the ingredients and directions to make two servings. This really helps us to make the right amount for us so we don't over eat or have tons of left overs.
I really liked this recipe. It is very light with a little bit of spice. The first time we made it we thought it was a little too spicy. The second time we made it we only used half of the red-pepper flakes and it turned out very mild. I think maybe somewhere in between will be the best fit for us next time. We also chose to add a little bit of white wine to the chili oil mix to add a little flavor. It was nice addition but the dish is still quite tasty without it!
*** I really can't say that I made this recipe, Bill made it both times we had it, and I just assisted him. It is nice to have a husband that comes up with delicious healthy meals!***
Spicy Fish and Tips
From: Men's Health
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp white wine (optional)
2 cups lightly packed baby spinach (remove stems and rinsed)
1 bunch of asparagus cut into 1/2 - 1 inch pieces
2 Tilapia fillets (3-4 oz each)
1/2 tsp red-pepper flakes
2 scallions sliced
salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a small bowl, mix oil and red-pepper flakes. put in microwave for 30 seconds to make chili oil. Add wine and mix.
2. Tear off two sections of foil and smooth them flat on a baking sheet.
3. Arrange an equal amount of spinach and asparagus in the middle of each piece of foil. Place a Tilapia fillet on top of each pile. Top each fillet with scallions and drizzle chili oil over each piece. Squeeze juice from the lime of each piece of fish. Season with a little pit of salt and pepper.
*** This is Bill putting the finishing touches on the fish ***
4. Seal foil around fish (make sure to close all sides).
5. Bake at 450 for10-12 minutes.